Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, irregular cycles. Prescribed duphaston, ovofar. TSH, Follicular monitoring study shows rupture after five days. Treatment?

hello doctor, I am 42 old woman got married one year cycle is not regular. I want to get pregnant as soon as .for this, I concealed to a OBGYN doctor and she suggested me DUFASTIN 1 tab three time for ten day and Ovofar tow tab a day for five day. I follow her guide line and did TSH and Folicular Monetaring test but after five days of FM test the age was ruptured. Again Doctor suggested to take same medicine. What shall i do for my betterment.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
As you are 42 yrs old, chances of conceiving naturally is low because as age advances quality of egg becomes poor and fertility decreases. Your periods are irregular which suggests there is hormonal disturbance. As age advances store of eggs in ovaries also decrease. You need aggressive treatment rather than waiting for things to happen. I would suggest you to undergo 1-2 cycles of IUI combined with ovulation induction( Ovofar treatment ) and if it is unsuccessful IVF treatment will be best option. Even with IVF, success rate is low at your age. Other option is IVF with donor eggs which has good success rate. Take care.
Answered: Sat, 14 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor