Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive immediately after having a stillborn. Is it possible?

i had a stillborn on the 10.11.2012 and the doctor told me to wait till i was ready before having intercourse with my partner, well i was ready just a week after i had my baby boy which was only 2 weeks ago. we have had unprotected sex 4~5 times and im wondering if there is any chance i could fall pregnant by this stage, all i want is another baby please tell me what i need to hear.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
After a childbirth, it is difficult to conceive in the first three months even if you assume your normal regular periods. Initial three cycles are mostly anovulatory. You will have to try for next 4-5 months to succeed.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Tue, 27 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor