Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, have PCOD, HSG showed tube blockage, advised laparoscopy. Can I cure it with medicines?

Hi. My question is.I have gone through miscarriage last year(4 months pregnancy).Then I was detected with pcod problem which was treated with diane tablet for 3 months.Then my doctor suggested me to go through hsg test where it was detected that there is some kind of blockage in my left tube.Then my dr asked me to try to concieve naturally for 2-3 months.If not able to concieve then go through diagnostic laproscopy . My question is :Is there any medication which can improve my chances of getting pregnant without going through any laproscopis procedure. Andhow many months we should try naturally to conceive.
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Kavitaji,
Thanks for query.
As your one ovarian tube is open so there are enough chances of having pregnancy.
If require go for ovulation study by which we can know that follicle is formed and comes in the uterus.
If follicle enters into the uterus then there are all the chances of having pregnancy.
After ovulation study you may go for natural pregnancy for 3-4 months.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vidya KR's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using the HCM.
your HSG has showed that left tube blocked , but your right tube is normal, there are chances of conceiving as your right tube is normal. there are medications for ovulation induction to increase chance of pregnancy, you can discuss with your obstetrician different modalities of treatment available, and which ever is convinient for you.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks get well soon....
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor