Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, got periods today. History of abortions. When should I consult a gynecologist?

Hello, My age is 28 years 9 months and I m married. And I had an abortion also in January 12. Now we are planning for a first baby. What should we do. I got a period today only. so should I consult a doctor tomorrow itself or should I wait to get it complete. What will be best treatment for me to get pregnant. Thanx & Regards
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Divya,
Thanks for query.
As you got period for the first time after abortion.
Let your period be normal for sometimes.
Try to have pregnancy naturally for sometime.
You can try regular sex on alternate day from 8th day to 17th day of her period as this is the most fertile period.
If there is no result then consult your Obst.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 28 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine Dr. Srividhya's  Response
Hi, the best time for you to meet your gynecologist is on 2nd day or 3rd day of your periods. Having one abortion should not be a cause for worry, as almost 30 out of 100 women have a tendency for abortion. I would suggest you to get yourself evaluated and then decide whether any treatment is required or not.
Answered: Tue, 28 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor