Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, feeling of short luteal phase, report showed follicles in ovary. Is it serious?

hi iam trying to conceive . I have a periods every 35-40 days .I think i have a short luteal phase 10 days or less.i did my ultrasound on Day 18 .everythg appears normal .the report says in rt and lt i had like 5 to 8 follicles .the larges t one was 11 mm .iam trying for 6 mnths nw .is everythig ok wht could be wrong .l
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi ruby,
I think we need to know whether ovulation is taking place or not. That would need serial ultrasound scans to find out when and whether ovulation is taking place. Also, we would need to do a semen analysis for your partner. If your cycles are regular, you should be having unprotected sexual intercourse everyday between days 15- days 25 of your cycle, with the 1st day of the cycle being when the bleeding starts
Hope this helps
Answered: Mon, 1 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor