Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, abdominal pain. Ultrasound shows cyst, intramural fibroids. Treatment?

Hello, I am 32 yrs old I am getting married in a few weeks and my fiance and i were going to start trying for a baby immediately. Had to go to my Dr cause of abdominal pain and found out from the ultrasound that i had a 7cm cyst and numerous intramural fibroids , the largest being 3cm. what do I do now and when can we start trying?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
What kind of cyst is this ?

Intramural fibroids ( in the wall of the uterus) do not need to be removed prior to IVF, as they do not affect embryo implantation.
You can read more about this at

Only submucous fibroids ( which are in the uterine cavity) need to be removed. These can be best removed with an
operative hysteroscopy ( .

We look forward to helping you to have a baby !

Dr Aniruddha Malpani, MD
Malpani Infertility Clinic, Jamuna Sagar, SBS Road, Colaba
Bombay 400 005. India
Tel: 91-22-22151065, 22151066, 2218 3270, 65527073

Helping you to build your family !

My Facebook page is at

You can follow me on twitter at!/drmalpani

Watch our infertility cartoon film at

Read our book, How to Have a Baby - A Guide for the Infertile Couple,
online at !

Read my blog about improving the doctor-patient
relationship at

Answered: Sat, 15 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor