Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Taking meprate, metformin, folinine tablets. History of PCOD, irregular periods. Treatment?

Hello doctor, im suffering from PCOD problem for 1 year soon after my marriage.. my periods is irregular(between 40-45 days). Now im planning for pregnancy but i cnt.. i was worried about my problem. i consulted doc about this and she prescribed meprate 10mg for 5days. In addition folinine tablet and metformin tablet.. she told that i will get periods after stopping the intake of meprate. She asked to come on 1st day or 2nd day of my periods to take scan.. Im excited and thrilled about my health right now... So please guide me if its possible to get pregnant easily or not with PCOD... In fact i was in diet by reducing my weight.. Plz help me... Expecting ur reply...
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  662
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. Your doctorr treatment is in the right track.
now you will undergo follicular study and treatment accordingly. if you
become pregnant as every lucky mother.if fails in first attempt dont
get disappointed you can become successfull next month. depression
may become obstacle for success. Besides i advise you some diet
recomendations as take more of green leafy vegetables pulses
sprouts egg meat fruits and juices to enhence your doctors
treatment. thank you.
Answered: Thu, 12 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to hcm.see with pcod you definitely conceive if proper treatment taken.first you should loose your weight and do regular exercise and yoga.avoid all kind of worries because it produce negative effect on your health.then follow your doc advice do follow up according to them.there are medicine which increase your fertility and help for conceiving if it not work then go to inject able. but make sure you concern gynec for that. also simultaneously do your husband's report.all the best for future.
Answered: Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor