Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Scan showing posterior intramural mass with calcified upper body. Infertility chances?

hi,i m 28yrs,i hv been trying to concieve for a year now,my scan on february showed that i have posterior intramural mass measuring 2cm,with calcified upper body,but this month i had a HSG ,so i want to know the HSG has removed the intramural mass,and also if 2cm posterior intramural mass can cause infertility .thank you
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Infertility Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

1) The mass you are describing is called fibroid.

2) HSG will evaluate the tubal status. It will not remove the fibroid.

3) 2 cms fibroid may not cause infertility. But further workup is mandatory if you are palnning conceive.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Answered: Mon, 20 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor