Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Prescribed plancentrex injection to improve thickness of endometrium, egg size. Can I conceive?

Hi, I am 30 yrs old female. Last year I got married. Since then we were planning to have a baby. Never used any contraceptions. Both got tested and found normal and also we had one round of councelling on positions etc. Now Doctor has suggested Plancentrex inj. (IM) 2mL on alternate days to me for inproving the thickness of endometrium and egg size. Can I get conceived now?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Placentrex is an extract of human placenta used for tissue regeneration and repair. Its use is restricted to the genuine cases as it is a human derivative with the risk of serious anaphylactic reactions. Endometrial thickness can also be improved by using hormones. Good endometrial thickness is necessary for proper conception, but conception can occur only if there is proper ovulation and timely fertilization without any male hindrance. Since your reports are normal, you can expect to get pregnant any time now. Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 6 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor