Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Having regular periods and sex during fertile week. Have chlamydia. What is the treatment?

Hi, I am trying to conceive. And have been for about a year. I have 25 day cycle, which regular, and having intercourse during my fertile week. However, nothing has happened as of yet. I have had chlamydia (which went undiagnosed for at least 1 1/2 - 2 years) as well as BV. I am wondering if I may have PID now and if so, what are the symptoms? And what are the treatments for it as I would love to become a mommy before my 30s (I am currently 27). Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Hai, In PID you will likely to have lower abdominal pain, especially on either side of your bladder, even tender and sometimes you may have dysparunia, pain during intercourse and pain during vaginal examination when your doctor moving your cervix. If you don't have all these symptoms you may unlikely to have PID. CHLAMYDIA can be treated by DOXYCYCLIN capsules for a period of two weeks. Your sexual partners also should be treated simultaneously. Otherwise it is useless. PID may lead to bilateral block of your Fallopian tubes and may lead to infertility. So check yourself for pat-ency of your tubes either by laproscopy or though Hysto-salphingogram. If it is cleared you'll become a mother. Good luck. DR SM
Answered: Mon, 28 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor