Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Have low progesterone. Bleeding before and after periods. Can I take duphaston?

Hi, i am 33 years old and i have a daughter of 2 years. I want to have another child, but it turns that i have low progesterone . I started to take anti baby pills, the same which i have taken before, but now i have something like bleeding before and after my period, and i wonder whether to continue with them or to start taking Dufaston (progesterone medicine)? What do you think will be better for that low progesterone of mine? Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The low progesterone treatment is given after assessing the endometrial thickness by an ultrasound scan. Usually duphaston is preferred in the second half of the cycle after a careful assessment of the hormonal profile.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Mon, 20 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor