Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Have cyst on ovary, possible endometriosis, dilated distal ends, have hydrosalpinx bilateral. Do HSG again?

hi my name is raghda 27 years old>
please answer my question i am married from 1 husband sperm is good .i didnot be pregnant yet.i discover that ihave chocalate cyst on my left ovary by sonography 3*3.5 indiameter so i propably have endometrosis.
ido HSG and iwas so sad and destroyed and the report was :
both fallobian tubes is patent,showing normal caliber proximally with dilated distal ends exhibiting free contrast spill on right side .fair peritoneal smearing is seen in the delayed control film with retained contrast in dilated distal ends of both tubes and the doc said that i have hydrosalpinx bilateral??
i do ultasound it didnot show any free fluid collection or localized no hydrosalpinx??
idonot know what should ido?
my doc said i should do ivf cuz it not nesseccary to do laparoscopy ?
another one said i have to do lap. to clip the tube and it is unilateral on left tube to prevent fluids!
it is true that i have hydrosalp.or not?can i get pregnant normally? should i do HSG again? do i try ivf first? iam confused please answer me thanxs
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response

It is true that endometriosis is a chronic condition and causes difficulty in conception. But it can be treated.You are 27 years and married for one year. It is not a long period of infertility.
The HSG and ultra sound findings are contradictory.

Cyclical pills and gonadptrophins are very useful in the management of endometriosis. A diagnostic hystero laparscopy will be helpful.
Answered: Sat, 18 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor