Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Have bilateral ovarian endometriomas. Taking duphaston. Help?

Hi im 30 years old female just got married and planning to conceive, when to a gyne to check my fertility status, had an transvi ultrasound and found out that i have prominent and echogenic endometrial stripe of 1.6 cm and have bilateral ovarian endometriomas of less than 3 cm in size ( 3 on the right ovary and 1 on the left ovary). My gyne advised me for fractional curretage and i take duphaston for 3 months, I followed her advise, then went back for follow up last week, I did an ultrasound again and found out that there is an interval increase in the sizes of the ovarian endometriomas but still less than 3cm, but the endometrial stripe thickening is resolved, now measures 0.8cm. My gynecologist still advised me for a fractional curettage , but i am doubtful for the procedure, is ist advisable for me to do the said procedure? she still advised me to take duphaston for 21 days from day 5 of my menstruation
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

In young women ( who are having monthly bleeds) endometrial thickness vary throughout the month. It is thin after the periods & thick just before the periods. So, best time for you to have a trans-vaginal scan is just after your periods. If thickness is normal at this time you certainly don't need any fractional curettage. As, this test is not usually recommended in women less than 40 years of age.

If endometrium is very thick & irregular even after periods, you have irregular bleeding or inter-menstrual bleeding you may need a hysteroscopy +/- endometrial biopsy which can be done in an out patient department.

However, this is a general advise. I don't know your case better than your treating doctor. So, I recommend you to take a second opinion from a specialist Gynecologist.
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor