Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Had two ectopics. Suggestions?

hi i have trying to conceive for about a year and a half now with no luck so far.... I have a 3yr old son already and i had two ectopics in the past, that was in 2007 and 2008. Would that have something to do with me not being able to conceive quickly because i was 7 years with my partner before i got pregnant on my now 3yr old son? Any advice or help would be much appreciated. I am going to be 40 in May and would love to fall pregnant before that time. My age is going against me and i am very aware of that too. Looking forward to hearing from someone very soon. Many thanks, Rose Earley.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Hello Rose,
Thanks for your query.
Your previous two ectopics would definitely affect your fertility.
This is because you might have suffered fallopian tube damage / blockage.
Also, your partner's semen analysis is needed.
At 40, you might be having problems ovulating, so your ovarian reserve needs to be tested.
Tubal factors are tested by a laparoscopy.
I would suggest consulting a Fertility specialist, and going for a laparoscopy, and then proceeding for ART ( assisted reproductive technologies ) as advised.
take care.
Answered: Wed, 6 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor