Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. HSG showing unicornuate uterus, left tube patent. IUI suggested. Chances of ectopic pregnancy?

Hello Dr,

I am married since 2yrs (My age is 26yr and husbands 30yr) We are trying for a baby past 1 1/2 yrs. Consulted gynec, they insisted to take basic blood test for me and semen analysis test for huby. All the reports came to be normal. Then they did two times folicular study. Egg ruptured was good. After all this Dr. also did an HSG test which showed unicornuate uterus, left tube patent and rite tube Nil. And also i have a pocket in the left tube. Now they are sugesting to go for IUI but they say there are chances of ectopic pregnancy. I consulted another doc showing all the above reports they said we will do laproscopy and then will decide further. So what should i do now?? We are very much confused and worried. Please help us
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
In the current scenario, the best thing to do is to go for a laparoscopic tubal patency and function test. If tubal patency or function appears compromised, then, IUI would not be helpful. You may land up with complications like an ectopic pregnancy which would worsen the situation. IVF would be the better choice. I think you should take the latter doctor's advice. Hope this information is useful. Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 18 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor