Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Get an endometrium biopsy, PCR koch test? Price estimated?

Hi, I am 31 yrs old female and I am trying to concieve since last 2 yrs.... my doctor has advised me to get an Endometrium biopsy and PCR Koch test done.... can u plz give me the estimate price for these tests because I think that my doctor is overcharging me and is more into money making rather than providing good heath service...I am from Delhi,India
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  409
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM
Before going into the price issues, i would like to inform you that PCR stands for Polymerase chain reaction.
Koch's disease is another name for Tuberculosis.
Your doctor is suspecting tuberculosis of the endometrium. This is one of the cause of infertllity.
Tuberculosis/ Koch's is caused by a bacteria called Mycobacteria tuberculosis. In case this bacteria is not seen by conventional methods such as ZN staining, special tests like PCR are advised. This test detects the DNA (nuclear material) of the bacteris.
It is a sophisticated and an expensive test.
It will be difficult to comment on the price because it varies from from place to place and lab to lab.
But definitaly, it is an expensive test.
I advice you to get it done from a laboratory of repute.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor