Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Done semen analysis. What to do?

Been trying for two years to conceive. My wife has two kids from previous marriage. No luck so I had a semen analysis done: Abstinence 7 days Volume 5.0 ml Ph 8.5 Liquefaction 60 min Specimen commabnormal viscosity WBC and RBC present Motility 70% Count semen 59.00 mL Morphology normal 88%,coiled tail piece 12% We haven t been to a specialist yet. Trying home remedies.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, welcome to HCM,
Your semen analysis report indicates normal volume, pH, liquefaction time.
Total sperm count is higher than required ( normal is >39 million / ml as per WHO2009).
Motility of the sperm is normal ( Normal is > 40% as per WHO 2009).
Morphology is within normal limit ( normal is >4% as per WHO 2009).
So, overall, your semen analysis report is quite good.
Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor