Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Did HSG. Bilateral tubes were showing. Undergo laproscopy?

Deae Dr, IMy name is vishaka.I m 32 years old.I was trying to conceive but was unable.after doing several check ups my dr told to do HSG .I did.The reports was bilateral tubes showing a beadede appearance with left distal tubal blockage and right with minimum peritoneal spill.Now dr is asying that i have to undergo laproscopy . Please advise if i can get preganant with and without laproscopy.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, welcome to healthcare magic

The HSG indicate blockage in the left fallopian tube and some blockage on the right side as well.A fallopian tube blockage stops the egg from reaching the sperm or the fertilised egg from reaching the uterus.
Laproscopy would allow your doctor to see the pelvic reproductive organs directly, it can be done to diagnose or treat conditions. Your doctor may be able to remove any scar tissue that is present and is some cases other surgical repair may be possible to improve the tubes.

You can consider speaking to your doctor regarding any other concerns and question that you may have.

I hope this helps
Answered: Mon, 1 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor