Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. CT scan shows collapsed follicular cysts. Will iodine test and CT scan harm an ovulated egg and conception?

Hi! I m a 30 year old woman and had a CT scan with iodine performed yesterday for pelvic pain . My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past 3 months and have been unsuccessful. I was due for ovulation last week Needless to say we attempted conception . The CT scan found a collapsed follicular cysts . My question is: Will the iodine or CT scan harm an ovulated egg, conception, egg and sperm? Will it harm our egg if we have conceived but not implanted yet? Thank you for your help.
Fri, 7 Jun 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
CT scan would cause harm only if you have been exposed to it after conception.
Till then there is not real need to worry.
The iodine part(contrast medium) also is not a problem.
Though repeat CT scans are discouraged unless medically indicated.
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor