Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Trying for baby, semen analysis showed azoospermia. FNAC shows maturation arrest. How to become parents?

Hello sir, We have been married for 2.5 years, now when we started triying for a baby did we discover that there was a problem with me. My 1st Semen Analysis showed nil sperm count. The 2nd analysis was done at a specialized lab of a big hospital - they said Azoospermia with Infection ( WBC content was high). I then went to a Urologist, he did physical examination and advised that physically everything seems normal. Finally, he suggested a FNAC of both testes and Fertility Profile (LH, FSH , Prolactin and Testostorone).The fertility profile was normal. However, the FNAC results were not good. It shows presence of scattered sertoli cells & germ cells upto spermatids. Leydig Cells are also found. But mature sperms could not be found. The urologist says it is a case of Maturation Arrest / Hypospermatogenesis. 1) Please suggest if that is the only possible scenario? 2) What are the alternatives we have to be parents?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  258
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
HI, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das
First of all, you are suffering from the maturation arrest of the sperms. That means that there is no normal mature sperm in your ejaculation.
For in vitrofertilization we need a mature, motile, healthy sperm which is not available in your case.
So, first you have to take multivitamines and micronutrients an co-enzyme q10 which will definitely increases your sperm count and morphology and motility. Then invitro fertilization will be an option. But before that or if the treatment fails to improve the condition,you have some options like artficial insemination using donor sperm.but that depends on your choice.
Answered: Thu, 4 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor