Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Trying for baby. Semen test and hematology test fine. Taking medication. Recommendations?

I am female, i consulted a female doctor for getting pregnant. I am having smooth sex with my husband. Doctor advised my husband to do semen test. The report was normal (i.e. total count is 72, molality in first hour is 75%, in second hour is 70%, in third hour is 65% and morphology is 80%). Doctor advised me to do hematology test (includes Neutrophilis 69%, Lymphocytes 29%, Monocytes 1%, Eosinophils 1% and Basophils 00%), ESR (is 30 mm/Hr), LH & FSH (is Average), Prolactin (is Average), Thyroid (T3 is 120.7, T4 is 7.4 and TSH is 5.5), Tubercular Serology (is 0.52), Mantoux Test ( Erythema is 4 mm & Induration is 2 mm with result as negative), Abdominal Ultrasonography (Result as no diagnostic Abnormality Detected), HSG (Result as no diagnostic Abnormality Detected & multiple antral folicles is seen). Here i want to ask that why i am not getting pregnant, since from last 10 months i am using Medicines prescribed by my doctor. Also please advice name of medicines to take. waiting for reply. thanks
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
thank you for your query.
Firstly, you have been trying for only 10 months to conceive, so I wonder why you are getting so anxious.
Please relax, because stress is the major reason for not conceiving as I see in your case.
Moreover, what medications have you already taken.
At present, I would advise you to take regular folic acid supplements and naturally try for a couple of months more.
You should be aware of the fertile days ( around ovulation ) during which intercourse should be essential.
Maintain a healthy BMI and a positive outlook.
An HSG cannot comment on multiple follicles, so something is wrong with the reports you have typed, some error in typing probably.
If you fail to conceive within three months more, consult a proper Infertility specialist.
get your laparoscopy done to assess tubal function and have a follicular study to detect ovulation.
take care.
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor