Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Trying for baby. Had sex, slight bleeding, cramps. Does this refer to pregnancy?

me and my boyfriend were trying to have a baby my period was on dec.25 i been getting my period every 25 days and i was due to have my period jan.19 me and my boyfriend had sex again jan.19 and got my period jan.21 so i was heavy that one day and very light since not even soaking a pad and the we had sex jan.27 and the next day i had light pink discharge light cramps on left side and light back pains on the 28th and now it s the 29th and i have light cramps on left side what could it be?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
Based on your description, you could have an early pregnancy, with signs of miscarriage because you are having intermittent bleeding and cramps.
Also, it could be an irregular menstrual period due to various reasons like a metropathic cycle due to hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety, thyroid disorder, polycystic ovaries. etc.
Certain medications and drugs also affect the menstrual cycle.
WIth irregular menstrual bleeding and cramps, one possibility is also an ectopic pregnancy ( pregnancy outside the uterus )
You should consult your health care provider for a thorough check up, pelvic ultrasound and necessary blood tests to arrive at the proper diagnosis.
take care.
Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor