Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Trying for a baby. Got periods after IUI. Husband's sperm motility low. How to get pregnant?

My menses last month was on 18 October 2012, the gynae fed me on clomid from day 2 to 6, my 1st IUI was done on 1 November 2012. My menses came for this month was on 19 November 2012 (is a delay of two days from last month). If I have an irregular menses? how I know when I ovulate, even I used the ovulation kits? When is my ovulation since is so irregular? Ive tried all ways to be pregnant since the month of April 2012, yet not sucessful till now :( Blood test, sperm motility check, IUI done, check womb, ovulation and scan etc. My husband sperm motility is low and now I am 41 will there be miracles to be pregnant again? I am so desperate, I just wish I can be a mummy soon :( What should I do after fails IUI once? the percentage is so low for those who under go IUI to be pregnant.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
At the age of 41, chances of pregnancy with milder treatments are very low. Plus if your husband's sperm count is low & you are not ovulating regularly, its better to go for IVF/ICSI(Test tube baby) for better chance of pregnancy.
Wish you good luck.
Answered: Mon, 3 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Sree Gouri SR's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.

Two days delay in onset of periods can be taken as normal only. You can track the ovulation by follicular study and can plan intercourse or IUI around that time.
You can try one more IUI, possibly this time you may succeed.
If not better to go for IVF (In vitro fertilization), which is having comparatively high success rate.
Take care
Answered: Sat, 1 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor