Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Try to self harm in order to get away with the pain due to sexual abuse at an young age. How can I get over it?

i was sexuly abused into i was 5 im now almost 18 years old old will i ever get over it. i confart eat or use to salf harm my self to deail with the pain and now im at the stage of 14 stone but is there anyother way to deail with the pain. i use to talk to my ex boyfriend about it all but we dont talk to eachother anyone so i feel like i am on my own and it was my falt that i was sexuly aboused is there any think els that works to get over the pain please help me get over the pain so i can get on with it safely
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  10
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I am sorry to hear about your past history of abuse. It is not uncommon to have these feeling of guilt surrounding sexual abuse. However I suggest that you seek qualified psychiatric or psychological help to better manage and deal with your pain.

I hope this helps. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor