Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Trouble with varicose, pain in legs. What are treatment options?

hi my name is Laurie. I am 49 and have had a lot of trouble with varicose over the past 1.5 years. I am not overweight at all with a weight of 134lbs at 5 5 . Before the troubles with my legs started I was taking prometrine to help with sleep. I then developed hot flashes that took any good affects away and I was struggling to sleep again. I then added a small amount of premarin cream nightly-three nights later I started sleeping so much better, amazingly bettelr. Well, three months later taking the combination of hormones, I developed phlebitis in my calf where I already had a mass of spider veins that didn t bother me. I came off the hormones. I have never gotten all better and now cannot stand for very long without paying for it. I had groin surgery last May and it seemed I was getting better slowly-there was no more pressure at all. Then I did actually have seven weeks free of any pain in the calf. I also should mention that my hot flashes stayed away for a whole year, but have returned over the past two to three months and interestingly, so have my leg problems except now they both hurt and mostly on the upper legs at various points. I have hardly been off of asprins over the past year and this has really changed my life. I don t stand and talk anymore if I can help it, I wear full strength stockings all day everyday. I put my legs up whenever I sit even in restaurants. I can t drive too much either. Is there anything I should do more?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear laurie ,

thank you for posting your problem online , first not being overweight is very good for your problem . nevertheless you could go to a cardiologist which he can inject a sclerosing agent locally in the vein that will help relieve the pain and the the inflammation .

best regards ,
Answered: Sun, 9 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor