Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Trouble breathing, have type 2 diabetes. Concerned

My male friend (age 48) is a Type 2 diabetic. He just now said he doesn t feel well several times, is having trouble breathing and wants to lay down. I made him check his blood sugar level and it reads 260 . He has been out of his Metformin for awhile now and has trouble making the free clinic early enough in the morning to stand in line for 3 hours, just to make it in the first 20 people they receive that day. I am very concerned (and he is a normal stubborn male when it comes to being serious about medical problems). What should I do? THANK YOU, --Anna
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Diabetes like disease at present can not be cured but can be controlled by diet exercises and medications.
260 mg/dl is uncontrolled so he should take his health seriously, do not stop antidiabetic drugs as it causes blood sugar level to rise to dangerous level.
He should take diabetic diet avoid refind sugars and take up regular walking exercise and gradully can be increased.
As uncontrolled sugar in long term causes many complication on kidney.heart.Eyes.Keep FBS and PPBS under check and do a HB A1c every 3 months to know control of blood sugar level
Take care
Good luck to you
Answered: Wed, 24 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor