Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Triple arthrodesis in the foot. Developed CRPS. Large lump formed after steroid injection. Need medical attention?

My husband had a triple arthrodesis on his foot 12 months ago which resulted in complications and still receives treatment for this. He has also developed CRPS. Three days ago the Consultant injected steriods into his ankle and he has now developed a very tender large lump which is painful on the front of his lower leg. Do we need to seek medical assistance for this? Many Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, for the grouth in front of your leg,ypu consult an orthopedic surgeon for diagnosis and treatment.
For maintenance of the foot pain, i usually prescribe, neurotropic injections for 5 consicutive days. antibiotics, and pain killers. Thank you.
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor