Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Triglycerides at 240, SGPT at 54, abnormal values, will diet changes help ?

I m a man 43 years old, 1.90m tall and weighted approx. 120 kg, non-smoking, non-drinking. Recent blood test indicated high values in : triglycerides at 240 (Cholesterol at 217, HDL at 48 and LDL at 121) and SGPT ( ALT ) at 54 (but SGOT (AST) at 32). Please advise the possible causes of the abnormal values and whether can help these values with specific diet.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  208
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Cardiologist 's  Response
Lipid profile definitely shows variation from normal range.
Ideal values are
Chol LDL
HDL > 55-60
So you need to consult diet and fittness expert . Maintain your diet strictly . as the values are not grossly deranged , medicines like statins are not required at present .
Liver enzymes are marginally elevated . Repaet test will be useful after 4 weeks .
Answered: Tue, 3 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist, Interventional Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol's  Response
Your lipids are abnormal at your age LDL should be less than 100, triglycerides <150,total cholesterol <150. sgpt though abnormal but not significant. Lipid abnormality is mostly dietary and due to lack of exercise. You can correct this by avoiding and reducing dietary fat, avoid all fried, junk food. Also avoid sweets and daily walking for at least 45min
Answered: Tue, 3 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor