Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Tried to stop fall with hands while soccer. How can I deal with wrist pain?

I was playing football and i fell, i tried stopping my fall with my hand and i landed on my hand. After that my hand went numb for a little bit. Now its not numb but when i move my wrist it hurts ontop of my wrist and one third the way up my forearm . I cannot apply pressure to anything with an open palm, but if i use a fist to push on somthing it doesnt hurt at all.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have studied your case.

As per your history there is possibility of TFCC/ligament injury at wrist.

It may subside with time.
Pain indicates inflammatory process or nerve compression.
I will advise you to do MRI and Ultrasound of wrist.
Till time you can start analgesic and crepe bandage support.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor