Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Tremors in hands, legs. What should i do?

Hi, i am 20 years old female, i experience temors bo my hands.. like all the time.. but time they become excessive.. they can be in whole arm length or leg.. or just in the thumb .. they increase at certain positions and are less intensive or totally stop at another.. my Father (48) and elder Brother 23 also have tremors but they are really fine n light in intensity.. not as bad as i have.. what should i do.?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
Fine tremors in hand and leg is experienced by many people. It is known as Essential tremors. these tremors are postural, intention or resting-type tremors.Essential tremors are often associated with mild walking difficulty and hearing disability, and tend to run in families. It may be triggered by fatigue muscles, stress or caffeine. So you need to avoid these triggers.
You are advised to visit a doctor for physical examination, he may prescribe you tranquilizers to relieve tremors that are triggered by anxiety.
Hope it helps.
Take Care!
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor