Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Tremors in hands for years affecting daily activities. Possible causes? Taking Atenolol, Quinapril, Minocycline, multivitamins

Hello, Dr Grief... My husband is a 61 yr old male who is experiencing gradually more pronounced tremors of the hands over the past several years. This has affected his writing (shaky looking now) and recently has started to affect his holding a glass of liquid,(minor spills) or holding an eating utensil (marked shaking) which are not controllable. He otherwise has no other motor symptoms. When he is at rest, there are no visible tremors. What might be some possible causes ? He takes Atenolol & Quinapril for hypertension, Minocycline for rosacea, Buproprion for smoking cessation, and several OTC supplements & multivitamin.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
Hello friend,
Thank you for posting your query through Healthcare Magic.
I am a Homoeopath and so my understanding about your husband's disease will be different from what your conventional medical specialist will tell you.
In Homoeopathy we believe in the theory of suppression. That simply means a disease, if suppressed without curing it, will go to deeper levels of organs or systems to produce more serious diseases.
There is a super intelligence that works in the body from birth (as a single celled organism in the womb) till death. You can call it GOD or nature or anything. We Homoeopaths call it Vital Force. This vital force flows from vital organs like brain to less important organs like skin. From more important organs to less important organs; from above downwards and from inside outside.
This super intelligence will always try to manifest the disease in the least important organs or in the outside or at lower areas of the body to start with. This is a mechanism to keep the individual healthy by keeping his more important organs healthy till the end of the individual.
Conventional medicine has got no idea about this vital force because they want everything as material to call science and that is why they call Homoeopathy as non science. This vital force is not at all material, only its effects are material. Just like a stream if blocked at a lower level, the water will flow in an upward direction, the diseases when suppressed go upwards or deep to affect deeper and more important organs.
Now come back to your query. Your husband had rosacea on the skin which was not cured but instead suppressed with drugs. He has Hypertension which is not cured but suppressed with drugs. The drug he uses for smoking cessation also will be a neurotoxic drug, I imagine. Instead of curing, the diseases from the lower systems like skin (Rosacea- 1st layer of 7 layers), and circulation and blood (4th and 5th layers of 7 layers) are all suppressed to reach his disease at the neurological system (6th layer of 7 layers). Smoking habit was in 6th layer itself which is again suppressed with chemical drugs without natural cure for it.
You need not understand these layers ; they are Homoeopathic understandings based on embryology. You just understand that disease from skin (1st layer) travel to cancers affecting the inner cell nucleus (7th layer) by suppressions.
Now your husband in in the 6th layer in the hierarchy of seriousness of diseases.
Modern medical doctors will diagnose this condition as the beginning of Parkinson's disease without understanding and recognizing the course.
Another individual who suppressed a rosacea or hypertension or smoking need not develop this disease. Your husband got it because he has got a genetic tendency to develop this disease. His Miasm is the fundamental cause for his disease.( Miasm- again another Homoeopathic concept- just forget ).
Therefore only way out is to stop all these drugs , at least gradually and start right Homoeopathic treatment. For that you have to find for him a very expert Homoeopathic physician.
You can get back to me directly through the premium question facility of Healthcare magic . I will be sending a case taking format on request in which you can enter his case and return. After studying his case in detail I will suggest his curative remedy.
I hope this answer was helpful for you.
With Best Wishes,
Dr C. J. Varghese,
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor