Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Treatment for tachy cardia

I am in need of knowing what treatment is out there for tachy cardia ? Im a 33 yr old female diagnoised with sinus tachy cardia for 4 yrs and this last month my new primary dr gave me a 30 day event monitor and found my heart rate was hitting 180-200bpm . All these cardioligist i have seen say theres not much they can do put me on digitek which was working but now isnt and i know there there has to be something to calm my heart down before it kills me. I also wanted you all to know i have tried several beta blockers and other meds but i am look for solutions like surgery or a well known medication that has proven to be very effective. My doctors here are the worst in the world i swear so i am hoping a dr online will see this and help. ty.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  331
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Good morning! Aside from the drug therapies that are out there you could be a candidate for ablation therapy. This is a cath lab procedure that basically deadens some of those overly excited signals your heart is getting. In some cases it can be an outpatient thing but you may have to stay overnight for it. Talk to your docs or if you're not happy with them, grab your bat and ball and go play somewhere else. You don't have to stick with those guys. Your insurance company can tell you other people to go see. Ask around. Diet changes will only help marginally in chronic situations like yours. They should be considered but they are not going to fix what is racing your heart. Let me know how it works out. Hope this helps you as you hunt down other options.
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor