Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
134 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Treatment for scabies

i am having scabies wat treatment do you suggest its been 10 days am suffering from that i am regularly using fourderm on d rashes on scrotum but its not healing
Sun, 6 May 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Scabies is highly curable. It needs immediate attention by a Dermatologist.

Scabicidal agents like 1.5% permethrin and crotamiton are useful. Fourderm is not helpful now. You have to apply it twice a day to the complete body. You may also need antihistamine drugs to relieve from itching.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

so i ve been infected with scabies from my girlfriend who had it to , shes doing her second treatment tonight and it already looks like its going...

Recent questions on  Skin rash

doctor1 MD

Hi I m an eighteen year old girl and I have a rash that started on my chest and spreaded down to my stomach and up to my chin and my hands, they...

doctor1 MD

My father has gone through angiplasty and later he found skin rashes on palm, fingres of hand and legs. He has taken deplatte and Atorvastatin for...

doctor1 MD

I have a rash over most of my body. I have had some fever. Some of the rash is turning purple looking. The rash started yesterdat. I went to my...

doctor1 MD

my son is 4 years old. he is suffering with skin rashes
i have taken him to doctor n he advised me to use polaramine syrup n omnacortil syrup for 3...

doctor1 MD

I have pain and swelling under my upper arm on both sides. I am 70 female.

doctor1 MD

Dear doctor thanks for your valuable reply however my further query is for last two weeks I have a mild rash under my eye which is persistent and...

doctor1 MD

I am getting skin rash after taking Bactrim. Hands, feet. Should I take Benadryl?