Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Treatment for red, sensitive, swollen labia with itching and burning?

I am a medical student. My girlfriend has developed over the past 4 days an itchin/burning/tenderness with cracking and scaling along her labia majora . The Labia are quite swolen, red and sensitive. She is Mensruitating now, so we cannot get a great view of her vagina . She explains that it is extremely uncomfortable and cannot put a tampon in due to pain.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  204
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that your girlfriend might be having Trichonomus vaginilis, a fungal infection.
Now due to itching that part became inflamed due to infection.
Go for one antibiotic medicine course along with anti inflammatory medicines.
Go for antihistaminic like Cetrizine for itching.
Apply triple acting cream like micoderm-g,Multifungin-f.
Afterwards get examined by gynacologist and go for the treatment of fungal infection.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor