Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Treatment for lymphadenopathy and ascitic fluid deposit in abdominal cavity

Hello doctor,my mother is suffering from lymphadenopathy and ascitic fluid deposit in abdominal cavity .what kind of treatment is required.pls suggest.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  219
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM:
The treatment will be based on diagnosis- which in this case requires many investigations-
1. importantly a lymph node FNAC
2. Ascitic fluid biochemical and microscopic examination.
3. Also an abdominal CT sacn for any associated ovarian or GIT pathology has to be done.
4. A chest X ray is also mandatory.
5. A CBC along with peripheral smear examination.
You have not mentioned the location of lymphadenopathy. If it is cervical or generalized as investigation protocol would be slightly different. Common causes of lymph node enlargement with ascites are:
1. Tuberculosis
2. Ovarian masses
3. Other GIT masses. So treatment can be decided based only on your investigation findings
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 17 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor