Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Treatment for leg burn from bike silencer?

Dr. i got a burn in my leg by the silencer of a bike, it is a little spot but there is a black color around it. And i can see a white color. Small amount of skin is gone
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  3506
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum 

You seem to have developed superficial skin burns. 
I would advise you to keep the area clean and dry. Use an antiseptic solution or lukewarm water to clean the area twice a day 
Apply an antibiotic cream like mupirocin gel, as this will decrease the chances of superadded infection as any kind of infection over the affected area will lead to increased chances of scarring and pigmentation. 
Also use a sunscreen regularly before going out in the sun.
Take oral antihistamines like levocetrizine once a day to reduce the redness and irritation 
You can additionally take oral vitamin C supplementation in order to speed up the healing process. 
The burn will heal in a span of 5-7 days if proper care is taken, after that, if any pigmentation persists, then you can apply a mild lightening agent containing kojic acid over the lesion till the skin color returns back to normal .

Hope it helps 
Dr Geetika Paul

MD( Dermatology)
Answered: Tue, 19 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor