Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Treatment for l4/l5 central disc herniation

Dear Sir, My mother is suffering from l4/l5 central disc herniation with bilateral ligamenta flava hypertropy and results canal stenosis with right sciatica . She is strongly rejecting surgey. what are other suitable treatements for her. Does this condition can be recover completely. thank u Nadeesha
Asked On : Wed, 17 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  422
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If she is having weakness in the legs then she definitely needs surgery otherwise there is risk or paralysis. Canal stenosis means that the nerves will get compressed more even if she bends forward. Temporarily to relieve pain she can wear lumbar corset, take pain killers under medical supervision, physiotherapy but surgery is the only treatment to prevent possible paralysis.
Answered: Wed, 17 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist Dr. Gurudatta H K's  Response
To relieve her pain temporarily you may try with Acupuncture or Acupressure. Based upon the recovery she has with this therapy, you may take a call on going for surgery.
Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor