1. at your age it is possible Osteo arthritis
i.e. Sandi vaat of old age, but because you have not mentioned about your age it is not possible to unfold the cause of joint pains:whether it is due to overweight
or because of Degeneration of the cartilage
by continuous use/abuse of the joint.
2. because you have problem in walking: use walking stick,to reduce the load
3. avoid climbing stairs,sitting on floor as far as possible.
4. Use commode, instead of Indian style latrine.
5. if over weight is problem, weight reduction will work wonders for knee pain
6. Quadriceps exercises after consulting with an Orthopedic Surgeon.
7. Regular Fomentation with DRY heat: you can use hair dryer for that matter.