Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Treatment for cluster headache

Hi...One of my relative is suffering from Cluster headache like anything.....he is searching for better treatment in Bangalore....could you please help me in which hospital he need to admit.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Make sure you have diagnosd /predicted dignosis of cluster headache.
Once you did have you /or any doctor prescribed medication. or have you tried pain kellers??
if not it is worth consulting a Neurologist/ Family Physician well versed in it.
If nothing work she can slep on it/ like give a dose of Phenergan 0mg IM and let her sleep and see how it goes, I will not recommend even tramadol.

Cluster headaches often go undiagnosed for many years, being confused with migraine or other causes of headache.
Many times a headache diary is useful- tracking when and where the pain occurs, how severe it is, how long the pain lasts, and coping strategies used will help a physician distinguish between the types of headaches.
Cluster headaches are benign, but because of the extreme and debilitating pain associated with them, and potential risk of suicide, a severe attack is nevertheless treated as a medical emergency. Because of the relative rareness of the condition and ambiguity of the symptoms, some sufferers may not receive treatment in the emergency room and people may even be mistaken as exhibiting drug-seeking behavior.

Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 16 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor