• question-icon

Treatment for breast cancer stage IIb

I have been diagnosed with a breast cancer stage IIb, after a lumpectomy. Size of the tumor is 0.9 cm, surrounding areas not effected and the lymph nodes are negative. The FISH test confirms that it is HER2 positive and the Oncotype DX test score is 71. Based on the above the doctor is suggesting chemotherapy - but i am seeking a second opinion on this. can you please tell me in detail the post lumpectomy treatment in my case, please also list out the side effect.
Wed, 7 Jun 2017
get Er and pr status of tumor...if positive endocrine treatment with if possible transtuzumab.... sufficient....for such kind of tumor chemo can be avoided..