Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Treatment for a person who already had heart attack once?

what the best possible treatment for the heart attack persons who already got it one time
Asked On : Sat, 25 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello welcome to healthcare magic. The prognosis for someone who has had a heart attack varies according to the size of the part of the heart that was affected, how the heart is able to work after the attack and whether the person needs to under a procedure to increase the blood flow to the heart.
The treatment after the person has left the hospital would involve reducing future risk-- the person should be on aspirin, there is a group of medications called beta blockers which can also be used ( they will stop the heart from working too hard), the use of other medications called ACE inhibitiors are also useful. The person should be on medication to reduce his or her cholesterol
the person should also try to eat a low cholesterol , low salt diet, should stop smoking if they are a smoker and exercise under guidance from their doctor
Answered: Sat, 25 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor