Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Treatment for Ear Bump ?

My Daughter Had A Small Bump Behind Her Ear That Recently Burst After Pealing Back A Layer Off Skin. A Large Amount Of Pus Came Out Followed By Blood It Is Still Draining, I Would Like To Know What It Is ?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Aug 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  5112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
there are 2 infected lymph node which has suppurated and has ruptured.2.chronic middle ear infection with a tumor like lesion called cholesteatoma which has bone eroding properties.this will require surgery asap.
Answered: Wed, 1 Sep 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
I have had the exact same thing happen to me three times. Each time, both of my ears developed this. To me, my ears did not hurt and when it drained, it did not hurt either. I washed it with warm water and soap for about a week and then it healed on its own. I have tiny little bumps left on there from the actual time I aquired it but they are fairly small. Smaller than a pimple. It might be something else but that is what happened to me.
Answered: Thu, 16 Sep 2010
Pediatrician Dr. Asha's  Response
Probably she has Mastoiditis,(Mastoid is the area behind the ear and its infection is mastoiditis).She needs to see an ENT surgeon
Let me know what they said.on

Answered: Wed, 1 Sep 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor