Treatment for Deep venous thrombosis

What is best treatment for DVT in 11 year old child.........please tell me in detail with medication and injection name
Sun, 20 Nov 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,  
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Oral anticoagulants(Warfarin) are the mainstay of treatment for DVT, taken lifelong if indicated. But treatment is first initiated with an injectable anticoagulant-LMWHeparin for first few weeks.

Pulmonologist Dr. Akashdeep Singh's  Response
In children with thrombosis, initial anticoagulant therapy with either unfractionated heparin (UFH) or LMWH (clexane) is recommended for at least 5 to 10 days followed by VKAs (warfarin, acetrom)

Children with idiopathic thromboembolism should receive anticoagulant therapy for at least 6 months, using VKAs to achieve a target INR of 2.5 (INR range, 2.0 to 3.0) or alternatively using LMWH to maintain an anti-FXa level of 0.5 to 1.0 U/mL
Children with secondary thrombosis in whom the risk factor has resolved, anticoagulant therapy be administered for at least 3 months using VKAs to achieve a target INR of 2.5 (INR range, 2.0 to 3.0) or alternatively using LMWH to maintain an anti-FXa level of 0.5 to 1.0 U/mL

Children with recurrent idiopathic thrombosis, should receive indefinite treatment with VKAs to achieve a target INR of 2.5 (INR range, 2.0 to 3.0)