Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Treatment for Congenital Dislocation of a 2 months old child

MOST URGENT my 2month old child is suffering from Congenital Dislocation of hips & legs. Kindly suggest the suitable treatment and hospital
Asked On : Fri, 2 Jul 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  278
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
i had that, i had conservative treatmen in spica cast and then was hospitalized in traction, i was under a specialist for almost 15 years as they had to really monitor it, have you seen a specialist yet? Also just to let you know the outcome is good. i am now 24 dont really have any problems with it and can do anything i wish, nothing is limited. i play rugby everyweek and never had a problem
Answered: Mon, 17 Jan 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Thanks for the query.
Please do not panic.Congenital dislocation of hip is a treatable condition and the treatment varies from conservative management with splints and casts to surgical repair for severe cases.
You need to have a long term follow up so I would suggest you consult an orthopaedic surgeon specialising in pediatric cases in your vicinity .You can also take your child to the nearest tertiary institute or government hospital where expert opinion and a whole team of doctors is available.You can find them through find a doctor application on this site.
Thank you.
Answered: Mon, 17 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor