Treatment and diet for asthmatic patient

guide me regarding his treatment and food habits, he is asthamic my father is 52 years old.he is asthamic patient.he has also suffering from digestion problems from last 15 years.now from tests we came to know that his one kidney is not functioning and another is working properly.his ceratine level in blood is 1.4. BUN level is 17.2,HB is 11.7(recent tests)GFR is 47.7 of both kidneys(some nuclear test).now a days he fells lack of energy.......and just want to sleep(sugar level is controlled no dibatic history). his weight is reduced from 85kgs to 65kgs ( height is 5.4 inch).tell me abt the treatment for him. some special diet plan.........can he take bisleri water....( how much water he must drinks). can he take MAUSMI juice can he eat apples...well in short what to eat ? what to not?. some yoga..... please tell me abt dilaysis stage( ceratine level for dilaysis stage or BUN level). please guide me regarding his treatment and food habits.
Tue, 28 Jun 2011
's  Response
• Your father’s creatinine level and BUN level is within normal range. Control of blood pressure and increase in HB level may help in large extent. • All individuals with a Glomerular filtration rate (GFR) less than 60 mL/min/1.73 m2 for 3 months are classified as having chronic kidney disease. • The decision to initiate dialysis or hemofiltration in patients with renal failure can depend on several factors.your nephrologists will tell you in detail. • Chronic indications for dialysis: ? Symptomatic renal failure ? Low glomerular filtration rate (GFR) (RRT often recommended to commence at a GFR of less than 10-15 mls/min/1.73m2) • Difficulty in medically controlling serum phosphorus or anaemia when the GFR is very low • Fluids may be restricted, often to an amount equal to the volume of urine produced. Restricting the amount of protein in the diet may slow the build up of wastes in the blood and control associated symptoms such as nausea and vomiting.Always use water,curd,buttermilk,tea,coffee,juice,within a recommended quantity of liquid. • Foods to be avoided Salt, potassium, phosphorus, and other electrolytes may be restricted.Barley,ragi,root vegetables,pulses,dry fruits,fruit juices,coconut water,pastry items,jams,raw onions,greens,orange,sweetlime. • Foods to be included: (Food items which are low in potassium) Beetroot,radish,bottleguard,French beans,cucumber,mango,apple,pineapple,papya,guava. Include brinjal,cauliflower,beans,ladies finger,carrot watermelon in a restricted amount. Consult a dietician for detail diet plan.