Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Treating staph infection with clindamycin. Having boil on back of neck. Which specialist to be contacted?

I am being treared for a staph infection believed to be mrsa . I had a bout of this back in mid may. i was given baactrim 1 pill twice a day for 20 days. it has returned. i went to the er on sunday and was told that the dose of bactrim was no strong enough. shaould have been 2 pill twice a day. they in turn gave me clindamycin 300mg 4 times a day for 10 days. i was told this was much stronger and would kill the virus. should more be done. I currently have a boil .cycst or whatever you call it on the back of my neck even with the bottom of my ears. it feels like i have a board there. what is the best type of specialist to consult on this. thanks Bruce
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  188
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

You have developed a folliculitis which is an infection of the hair follicle.
See a dermatologist is the best person to consult for any such infection of the skin.
You have been advised a course of oral antibiotic drug which I would say is very essential in your case and should be completely taken in the dosage as advised.
In addition, make sure that you keep the affected area clean and dry.
Apply a topical antibiotic cream over it twice a day.

Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Wed, 25 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor