Traumatic fibroma removed, lump under tip of tongue, injected Kenalog, difficult to talk, on plastic protection

Approximately 2 months ago, a traumatic fibroma was removed from the tip of my tongue . Inflammation lasted for a few weeks. At this time, I still have a lump under the tip of my tongue. My physician, a maxillofacial doctor, injected Kenalog there but the problem persists. Since then, I had difficulty in talking without pain. Wearing a plastic protection, 24 hours-day, on my lower teeth has helped but the problem persists. My doctor admits being kind of lost. What specialty covers this type of problem as part of their expertise?
Mon, 28 Oct 2013