Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Transverse myelitis, recovering paralytic, walking without support. How can I treat urine incontinence?

i am a recovering paralytic after an attack of transverse myelitis .. I am walking without support but i have an incontinence problem which is not regularized.. I would like to know the solutions for it .
Asked On : Thu, 23 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  135
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016

Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have incontinence of urine due to transverse myelitis.

In any neurological disease It takes long time for bladder control to be achieved and to have continence.Perhaps bladder control is last to be recovered.

Please have regular pelvic floor exercises ( Kegel exercise) and perineal exercise to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor and urethral sphincter,this will help in gaining bladder control .

Thanks and Regards.
Answered: Sun, 22 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor