Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Transient ischemic attack, Checkup for widow-maker heart attack if family history?

My brother has found out he has the widower herat problem and I want to know if I should get checked out also, our mother was a type one diabetic and had 4 heart attacks the day she passed away, and I have had two TIA
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  274
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
Given the fact that you have a very strong family history of heart disease, I would recommend an ECG and a treadmill test for you. Further, a fasting blood glucose and a complete lipid profile (total cholesterol, HDL, LDL and triglycerides) for yourself. I would also recommend a blood pressure check.
Additionally, please start taking a mini aspirin, which is Tablet aspirin 75 mg once daily. This will help prevent TIAs and stroke.
Stay away from oily food and refined sugar. Also, try and exercise for atleast 2.5 hours daily.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Tue, 20 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor