Transient bone marrow edema in right proximal femur, synovitis in hip. Pain management?

Age - 52 years. (male ) MRI Impression : Ill defined marrow edema appearing as hypointense signal on T1W sequence and hyperintense signal on T2W/STIR sequence is evident in head and neck of right proximal femur .There is no erossion or abnormal extra osseous soft tissue component. Findings are in favour of transient bone marrow edema-right proximal femur. Synovitis of right right hip joint. No significant lumbar disc herniation. Now my question : is the heavy pain caused by the above factor, curable ?
Fri, 2 May 2014
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Yes, it looks to me that you have walked or sit in a awkward position and developed hip synovitis. I would recommend you to take rest, take hot water fomentation and pain killers like Brufen. i hope this pain subside. If it is not improved on 7 days then i would like to suggest you blood investigations like ESR, CRP and WBC. These test will confirm if there is any infection in your hip joint.